Think Pink

4:23 AM

I feel like my daughter is getting to that girly stage.
Wait. No. That's wrong.
I feel like I'm getting to that girly stage with my daughter. I mean, she is only one and a bit, how much girly girl stuff can she want, it must be me. The pink lover in me is starting to come out.
When I used to design baby clothes I was fed up with all the floral and pink. I guess designing and looking at it day in day out for a couple of years got the best of me, but having a daughter...
Well, let's say I have no problem with pink now. It's fun, girly (I don't see anything wrong with that, but that's a whole different post) and PINK! Yay! It feels so good to let that out, I like pink!
Now, I'm not a fan of all pinks, I'm still very picky when it comes to that color. I like the more antique pinks,dusty rose, it all sounds very romantic. And then you have your dark deep pinks, ahh, what fun!
There's something calming to me when it comes to pink, maybe I think about my daughter, her room and soft rosy cheeks,maybe it's when I think about pink cotton candy, how sweet and fluffy it is. It just makes me a bit calmer and breathe a bit better.

(Excuse me, I know it's not Friday, I may be a day late, it's not easy with a teething toddler!)



Check out some other cool pink stuff-

- I love colored glass

- Perfect dress!

- This may be a last summer trend but it's still pretty awesome. I'd love to float around on one of these!

- This might be on my birthday list.

- This print is pretty cute for my daughters bedroom


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I've always been a girly-girl so I love pink (although like you, I am very picky about my shade of pink!) I really enjoyed looking through your finds (especially that adorable print!) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL pink can go bad, real fast!
      You just need to be picky about some colors!

      Delete
  2. I love pink! I even have a pink car and my blog started out as The Girl wth the Pink Fringe when I still had pink hair. Great to see you and your daughter embracing it :)
    Love your blog artwork btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! I always wanted a pink bike, I guess there's still time for that.
      Pink hair is very very awesome.

      Delete
  3. Pink is a rite of passage of any little girl - and Mums or anyone who fight it do so at their own peril!! One young lady of my acquaintance, a metal head with strong views on such matters, swore that any daughter of her would NEVER ever be dressed in pink. Indeed, she asked me to make hera matinee set in black and red! Result? Daughter, now aged 7+, has a definite pink complex! I rest my case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been a pink kinda girl.. but for some reason I have started to like pinks now.. the macroon pinks and the salt pinks..

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images